This course is ideal for anyone who wants to:
- Understand what acceptable behaviour in the workplace is
- Know how to tackle issues when banter goes too far
- Understand what unconscious bias and inclusion means
- Appreciate when they could be personally liable for discrimination claims
- Understand the advantages that promoting equality and diversity can bring
- Consider whether a policy or practice might have a discriminatory effect
- Understand how to deal with employees who are disabled or pregnant
Upon completion of the course you will have gained an increased awareness of disability discrimination law and the additional obligations placed on employers in respect of disabled staff. We also focus on the little understood concepts of inclusion and un-conscious bias.
This workshop is practical and interactive with a focus on examining common situations which might otherwise trip you up.