PRINCE2 2017 update
In January 2017 the partners and owners of PRINCE2®, AXELOS, announced the upcoming arrival of updated PRINCE2® guidance and Foundation and Practitioner examinations. Together, these form PRINCE2 2017 and represent the first major update to PRINCE2 since 2009.
What are the main changes to PRINCE2?
The PRINCE2 update will see a new edition of the PRINCE2 manual, plus updated training materials and Foundation and Practitioner examinations. This update does not change any of the fundamentals of the method – PRINCE2’s overall structure of seven principles, themes and processes remains unchanged. But the emphasis and treatments within these have shifted.
The main changes to the guidance are a greater emphasis on the following areas:
- tailoring PRINCE2 to the needs of organizations and project environments;
- the principles that underpin PRINCE2;
- a greater link between the themes and principles;
- the restructuring of the ‘Themes’ guidance to accommodate specific examples of tailoring;
- the practical application of the method and guidance, with numerous examples, hints and tips.
All PRINCE2 courses will change over to PRINCE2 2017 by the beginning of 2018.
PRINCE2 courses in Norwich are due to change over in December 2017. Please contact us if you have any questions.