“A moment’s insight can sometimes be worth a life’s experience.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes
At the very start of the self-awareness journey is Insights Discovery. A psychometric tool based on the psychology of Carl Jung, Insights Discovery is built to help people understand themselves, understand others, and make the most of the relationships that affect them in the workplace.
Knowing what makes people tick is one of the vital keys to success in life and business. Insights Discovery Personal Profiles help us to:
- Understand how and why people respond differently to situations
- Recognise and value the different approaches
- Interact more effectively
- Build lasting productivity and creativity within teams
Insights Discovery Solutions
The Insights Discovery methodology uses a simple and memorable four colour model to help people understand their style, their strengths and the value they bring to the team. We call these the colour energies, and it’s the unique mix of Fiery Red, Sunshine Yellow, Earth Green and Cool Blue energies, which determines how and why people behave the way they do.
An online, multiple choice evaluator enables you to provide the information for us to compile your profile. This is written in language which is positive and supportive yet clearly highlights your natural style at work and routes to improved influence and effectiveness.
Who’s it for?
The Insights Discovery product is suitable for all levels and gives learners the foundation of self-awareness they’ll need to be successful at whatever they do; whether that’s developing themselves, working as part of an effective team, or leading others with authenticity.
Through Insights Discovery, individuals will gain a common language that has wide-ranging benefits, including connecting colleagues across geographical and cultural boundaries, and providing a safe platform for feedback conversations.
Insights Discovery is a highly flexible tool with application in:
- Personal development and effectiveness
- Team building
- Effective leadership styles
- Increasing sales
- Change management
- Problem solving
- Self, team and organisational motivation
- Recruitment guidance
- Conflict resolution
- Empowerment and engagement
Why Insights Discovery is successful:
- It uses a simple and memorable colour system that sticks
- It can provide instant improvements in relationships
- It is positive and affirmative while highlighting areas for self and team development
- The framework is continually updated and validated for accuracy
- The more knowledge and experience of the framework, the more the subtleties of behaviour can be assessed and worked with by the practitioner.
Using Insights Discovery as part of a wider programme
Insights Discovery is at the heart of what we do. By applying the four colour model to a variety of business challenges, we focus on your most important asset – your people.
Improving team productivity.
- Used in conjunction with our teamwork programmes, Insights Discovery tackles collaboration, communication and working relationships.
Increasing personal effectiveness.
- Used as part of a one-to-one coaching programme, Insights Discovery can help people create a tailor-made development plan.
Boosting sales performance.
- By looking at the effectiveness of your sales people at each stage of the sales cycle, we create strategies to improve customer relationships and smash targets.
Introducing a common language.
- The language of colour spreads quickly throughout organisations – it’s memorable, simple to understand and means that the learning isn’t forgotten once people are back on the day job.
What’s the impact?
The impact of Insights Discovery isn’t simply in the profile you receive – although that, in itself, is outstanding. No, it’s what you take with you when you go back to the day job. Once the workshop or coaching session is over, we’re not content to just leave it there – and neither should you be.
The real breakthrough will happen in your business when the lessons of Insights Discovery are applied back in the real world. When communication is consistently clear and respectful, when managers know how to motivate their people, when salespeople beat their targets by understanding how to relate to their customers, and when everyone on the team is working towards the same goals, you’ll realise the measurable impact that investing in people development can bring.
“Insights Discovery is more than just a professional development course for our company – we have actually used the results as a communication tool too. For example, by sharing Insights Discovery profiles with other team members, no matter what the job role or position, we’ve enabled them to adapt their working style and communicate with colleagues more efficiently. Insights Discovery has also allowed our staff to have a strong understanding of how individuals like to work, which has improved cooperation and built lasting productivity and creativity within teams.”
“Our journey with Jarrold Training is just beginning but the breadth of services that they offer, their close alignment with our culture and their access to highly experienced trainers makes them the ideal learning and development partner for OBN.”
“The day was really well delivered. The facilitation was really good, it was enjoyable and informative, a lot of fun and has given us a better understanding of each other.”