Stress, anxiety and depression are the biggest cause of sickness absence in our society. Mental ill health is responsible for 91 million working days lost every year. The Centre for Mental Health estimates that mental ill health costs UK employers £34.9 billion each year, but simple steps to improve the management of mental health in the workplace will allow employers to save 30% or more of these costs.
Working with an instructor member approved by MHFA England, this training course gives people tools to support themselves and each other, so everyone can talk about mental health and seek help when needed. We teach people to spot the signs of mental health issues and guide a person towards support. We don’t teach people to be therapists, but we do teach people how to respond in a crisis, and how to reach out before a crisis happens.
Quality mental health training, underpinned by a robust wellbeing strategy, gives people the tools to keep themselves healthy and support each other. It can also help to:
- Build employees’ confidence to have open conversations around mental health and break the stigma
- Encourage people to access support early when needed, for a faster recovery
- Empower people with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive in work
- Promote a mentally healthy environment, stopping preventable issues and allowing people to thrive and become more productive
- Embed a long term positive culture across the whole organisation, where employees recognise their mental and physical health are supported as equal parts of the whole person
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 8 people in order to run
Book your place
Please contact us to register interest and discuss in-house options.
For more information about multi-booking discounts click here or please call 01603 677107