ITIL stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. It’s a global framework containing the best practices in IT Service Management which:
- Enhances IT experts’ careers in ITSM (Information Technology Service Management);
- Broadens the horizons of IT students;
- Acts as a guide for a proper IT infrastructure;
- Gives more credibility to IT service providers;
- Helps professionals manage IT operations and costs efficiently;
- Helps professionals create, deliver and continually improve IT services and products.
The ITIL® certification scheme provides a modular approach to the ITIL framework, and is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL best practice to various degrees of depth and detail. The tiered structure of the qualification offers candidates flexibility relating to the different disciplines and areas of ITIL and the ability to focus their studies on key areas of interest.
ITIL has recently evolved from ITIL v3 to ITIL 4 with a clear transition journey from one scheme structure to the other.
Why is ITIL important?
IT is a critical business function in every organisation today. ITIL enables organisations to:
- Align IT services to critical business needs;
- Keep IT services up to date with the rapid changes in the digital world;
- Apply robust security measures as cyberattacks become more prevalent;
- Deliver IT services in a cost-efficient manner.
ITIL 4 consists of the following certification levels:
ITIL 4 Foundation Level
ITIL 4 Foundation is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables delegates to look at IT service management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products. There are no prerequisites for this certification.
The ITIL4 Foundation qualification is the prerequisite for all other ITIL 4 levels.
When you pass the exam, you can choose to follow one of two routes on your ITIL journey. You can take either the Managing Professional, or the Strategic Leader routes.
ITIL Managing Professional (MP)
In this level, professionals learn how to run successful IT enabled services, teams and workflows.
ITIL Strategic Leader (SL)
In this level, professionals learn how IT influences and directs business strategy.
Master level will be awarded if you complete both MP and SL certifications. Additionally, you need to prove your IT service management experience and a deep knowledge of ITIL.
ITIL training courses
We offer the following ITIL qualifications: